CBD Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Note: CBD loses it's potency if it's heated at 320 degrees F or above. Therefore, we never bake CBD above 300 degrees F.
CBD Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- Hand Mixer
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bottle 1000mg CBD Oil
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the brown and granulated (white) sugar.
- Slightly soften the butter by placing it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add the butter and mix well. Note: An electric mixer is preferred but not a requirement.
- Add the vanilla extract and the eggs and mix well.
- In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt (with a spoon).
- Take the flour mixture plus chocolate chips and dump it into the large mixing bowl, mix thoroughly.
- Add 8 full droppers of the 1000mg CBD Tincture Oil and mix until fully blended.
- Slightly grease a cookie sheet with butter or cooking spray.
- Roll the dough into 36 balls and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Increase or decrease the amount of full droppers. In this recipe we used 8 full droppers.
- Increase or decrease the size of the cookies. If you make the cookies larger, the CBD mg content per cookie will increase.
- Use a different potency of CBD oil. In this recipe we used a 1000mg CBD Oil bottle.
CBD used in this Recipe
CBD Chocolate Chip Cookies FAQ
In short, CBD cookies will not get you high. This is because CBD does not contain enough THC, the psychoactive compound found in cannabis.
Yes, CBD will start to lose effectiveness at a temperature of 320°F. Therefore, we suggest you keep the temperature at 300°F or less. This can make baking with CBD more difficult as most baking recipes require a temperature of 350°F or more.
CBD can be used in baking by either:
- Adding CBD oil to an existing recipe.
- Mix CBD isolate (aka CBD crystals) with a small amount of oil or butter. We like to use MCT oil but other oils such as coconut oil, canola oil, pure olive oil, avocado oil, vegetable oil.
Yes, any CBD oil can be added to coffee. There have been some reports that CBD can reduce the side effects of coffee such as anxiety and nausesness.
In short, Cannabutter can contain CBD, but it doesn't always have it. Cannabutter typically contains THC, but this isn't always the case. Cannabutter can be purchased or made homemade so it really depends on how it was made.
The easiest way to make your own CBD tincture is by purchasing CBD isolate and MCT Oil. In order to make a 1000mg tincture, add one gram of CBD isolate to 1 oz. of MCT oil in a tincture bottle and shake well.
CBD works best when it's mixed with some type of fat such as MCT oil, olive oil or butter. After you mix CBD with a fat substance, CBD can be added to any cooking or baking recipe. If you're baking with CBD, be sure not to exceed 300F heat.
No, CBD oil will not get you high. By law, CBD products can not contain more than 0.3% THC.
Thanks for sharing this great recipe! Btw does it have to be 1000mg of CBD oil? Can that not be reduced?
We’re glad you enjoyed it!
It does not have to be 1000mg of CBD oil. If you choose a different CBD oil potency, it will change the amount of CBD per cookie.
You can use the calculator above to adjust the recipe and achieve the desired CBD milligrams per cookie.
Let us know if you have any questions!
-The CBD Benefits Team
These cookies turned out great! I can’t even taste the CBD. Definitely making these again for my Christmas party.
I was little confused with the CBD part of this recipe. But the calculator was very helpful
do you sell bigger bottles of cbd oil to cook with
We do not sell CBD oil. For this recipe we used Nanocraft’s 1000mg Tincture. If you’re looking for a more potent tincture, you can buy the Nanocraft CBD 2000mg Tincture which is a better bang for your buck.
If you’re recipe calls for more oil, you can simply mix CBD oil with recipe oils such as vegetable oil, olive oil or butter.
Let us know if that answers your question.
i had no idea that cbd could be used in recipes! my friend sent me this and im happy she did because now i actually enjoy taking cbd. the oil doesnt taste good by itself
I have powder and pillsbury cookie dough, now how much do I add to each cookie to make it 50mg?
When you say you have powder, are you referring to CBD isolate powder?