Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Our recommendations are based on our own opinions and research, and we only recommend products or services that I believe will benefit my readers. The commission we earn helps support the content on this blog.
Author: Janet Dahlen
It is worth knowing that cannabis oils, concentrates, and extracts can provide you with many excellent benefits that you will not get from smoking. They are not only easy for precise dosing but also have refined flavors. Those products are focused on the finest ingredients of cannabis. You can get them in such places, as, for instance, Inyo Cannabis Dispensary.
When we talk about cannabis extracts, concentrates, and oils, we usually use it as an umbrella term that includes a variety of products, such as hash, vape oil, CBD oil, tinctures, and many more. They are derived from the cannabis flower and processed into a concentrated form, creating many types of unique variants.
Some people may wonder why they should turn to concentrates if they are okay with just using the flower as they did before. However, they should take into consideration those facts:
- Extracts do not have to be smoked. Most users prefer to ingest or vaporize concentrates and get a smoke-free dose.
- Extracts are refined, so the significant oils and cannabinoids are derived from the plant material and make a clean and smooth inhale (you just have to be aware which products are of the highest quality and avoid uncertain and poorly crafted ones).
- Cannabis oils are surprisingly effective, so a smaller dose is necessary to achieve the expected result.
Popular kinds of cannabis concentrates:
- Capsules - They are filled with cannabis-infused oil, and they are supposed to be ingested orally. You need to wait up to two hours to feel the real effects. You should start with a small dose (5 mg) and increase it gradually, if necessary.
- Tinctures - It is a cannabis-infused oil that should be applied in drops under your tongue. You will feel the results after around 20-30 minutes.
- Shatter, wax, dababble oils - These products are refined by a solvent, such as carbon dioxide or butane. They have a strong dose of THC, so they are very powerful and fast-acting. You should remember to use them wisely.
- Hash - Thanks to the pressed concentration of the plant’s sticky glands, hash can be obtained. In order to achieve fast and strong effects, it should be vaporized or smoked, but you can dab it as well.
Types of cannabis oil
You should know how many cannabis concentrate products you can get, depending on the laws applied in your area. Here you have a brief overview of broad extract types:
- CBD oil - This product is a non-intoxicating substance that is commonly used for treating many different ailments, such as chronic pain, heart problems, insomnia, anxiety, or even depression. Usually, it is sold either in capsules or as a tincture.
- THC oil - While choosing THC, you need to be aware that they have intoxicating effects on your body. They are used medically in some conditions as well, but apart from that, they provide a user with euphoric experiences. They can be found in numerous forms, but most commonly, they are sold as solids that you can vaporize, as well as capsules or tinctures.
- Ingestible oils - If you prefer to consume the cannabis extract with food or drinks, or in capsules, you can choose an activated ingestible oil.
- Vaporizer cartridges - In order to benefit from cannabis also outside your home, you can choose portable vaporizer cartridges. They are easily dosed, and pair with a battery. This solution is generally like an e-cigarette, but with cannabis.
How to choose a product for beginners
You have many options to start using cannabis products. First, you have to establish what effects you are expecting. If you want to achieve an intense euphoric high, you should select an oil that includes a lot of THC. On the other hand, if you prefer to start with only a delicate, balanced high, use a product that mixes THC and CBD in equal proportions. Obviously, you may just want to achieve the therapeutic results without the high - that is also possible. All you have to do is select a variant that is high in CBD and low in THC.
If you decide on using a strong THC product from the start, keep in mind that you should dose it modestly until you identify a perfect amount for yourself. Also, remember that even really tiny amounts of cannabis can provide you with the desired effects, such as better creativity and concentration, or anxiety relief.
When you choose CBD products, there is no problem with getting too high risk, but nevertheless, the dosage is significant. One user may need a very high dose of CBD to alleviate a particular medical condition, while another can benefit from much smaller amounts.
What is more, no matter if you select a CBD or THC product, always make sure that it is of the highest quality and comes from a trustworthy provider, so that it would not be dangerous to your health.
Author: Jason Beverly The CBD industry has a multi-billion-dollar market. With its rapid rise in popularity, many products have been infused with this chemical compound found in the cannabis Sativa strain. As the use of cannabis has been diverging from its infamous recreational usage towards its medicinal purpose, more people want to grow their own…
Author: Joy Hughes When ingesting CBD, it first must metabolize through the digestive system and then filter through the liver. It is in the liver that CBD, along with other medications, must filter through a system known as the cytochrome P450 (CYP 450) — a family of various enzymes. It is through this system that drugs…
Author: Jason Beverly High CBD hemp flower has been gaining a lot of popularity lately. People are learning that there are many different ways to consume CBD. If you’ve never smoked CBD flower or bud, you’ll come to learn that it’s very similar to smoking marijuana, but without the high. High CBD flower strains are…
Author: Joy Hughes Calling all Delta 8 and Delta 9 THC users! Are you looking for a THC variant that hits harder than all other THC compounds on the market, and is federally legal to consume? Well then say hello to THC-O distillate. We’re not going to lie, when Delta 8 THC first came on…
Author: Jason Beverly Best CBD Gifts for Him, Her, and Furry Friends Valentine’s Day may look a bit different this year with COVID, rather than love, in the air. But while most restaurants are closed and the chance to go on that special date is looking slim, CBD may be the perfect gift to help…
Author: Amber Gibson You’re a construction worker who injured your back on the job. The surgery went well and your physical therapist says you should be able to resume work soon, although you are still having a lot of pain. Your doctor has offered to prescribe a painkiller for you, but you’re worried about getting…
Author: Jason Beverly CBD is short for cannabidiol, a product extracted from the hemp plant. Hemp is closely related to marijuana, but is different in terms of properties and uses. The compound is believed to offer a lot of benefits not only for humans, but also for pets. If you’re wondering if CBD products can…
(Officer, United States Marine Corps) The 2018 Farm Bill made sweeping changes to America’s quest for long term self-sustainment; though the real benefit of the bill was the declassification of the hemp plant. Hemp, previously illegal due to the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937, has been a part of our nation since its inception and…
Author: Joy Hughes What if we told you that Delta-9 THC isn’t the only therapeutic or psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis? By now, you’ve likely heard of Delta-8 THC, the cannabinoid known for its mild psychoactive effects and overwhelming therapeutic properties. Amazingly, most people hadn’t even heard of Delta-8 THC until 2020, but scientists have…
Author: Joy Hughes Looking for a new way to consume Delta 8 THC? Well, have you heard of Delta 8 drinks? Look, we all know that the cannabis industry is packed with dozens upon dozens of cannabinoid-based products. But it seems that Delta 8 THC is by far the top cannabinoid of choice for most…