Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, we may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Our recommendations are based on our own opinions and research, and we only recommend products or services that I believe will benefit my readers. The commission we earn helps support the content on this blog.
Author: Janet Dahlen
It is worth knowing that cannabis oils, concentrates, and extracts can provide you with many excellent benefits that you will not get from smoking. They are not only easy for precise dosing but also have refined flavors. Those products are focused on the finest ingredients of cannabis. You can get them in such places, as, for instance, Inyo Cannabis Dispensary.
When we talk about cannabis extracts, concentrates, and oils, we usually use it as an umbrella term that includes a variety of products, such as hash, vape oil, CBD oil, tinctures, and many more. They are derived from the cannabis flower and processed into a concentrated form, creating many types of unique variants.
Some people may wonder why they should turn to concentrates if they are okay with just using the flower as they did before. However, they should take into consideration those facts:
- Extracts do not have to be smoked. Most users prefer to ingest or vaporize concentrates and get a smoke-free dose.
- Extracts are refined, so the significant oils and cannabinoids are derived from the plant material and make a clean and smooth inhale (you just have to be aware which products are of the highest quality and avoid uncertain and poorly crafted ones).
- Cannabis oils are surprisingly effective, so a smaller dose is necessary to achieve the expected result.
Popular kinds of cannabis concentrates:
- Capsules - They are filled with cannabis-infused oil, and they are supposed to be ingested orally. You need to wait up to two hours to feel the real effects. You should start with a small dose (5 mg) and increase it gradually, if necessary.
- Tinctures - It is a cannabis-infused oil that should be applied in drops under your tongue. You will feel the results after around 20-30 minutes.
- Shatter, wax, dababble oils - These products are refined by a solvent, such as carbon dioxide or butane. They have a strong dose of THC, so they are very powerful and fast-acting. You should remember to use them wisely.
- Hash - Thanks to the pressed concentration of the plant’s sticky glands, hash can be obtained. In order to achieve fast and strong effects, it should be vaporized or smoked, but you can dab it as well.
Types of cannabis oil
You should know how many cannabis concentrate products you can get, depending on the laws applied in your area. Here you have a brief overview of broad extract types:
- CBD oil - This product is a non-intoxicating substance that is commonly used for treating many different ailments, such as chronic pain, heart problems, insomnia, anxiety, or even depression. Usually, it is sold either in capsules or as a tincture.
- THC oil - While choosing THC, you need to be aware that they have intoxicating effects on your body. They are used medically in some conditions as well, but apart from that, they provide a user with euphoric experiences. They can be found in numerous forms, but most commonly, they are sold as solids that you can vaporize, as well as capsules or tinctures.
- Ingestible oils - If you prefer to consume the cannabis extract with food or drinks, or in capsules, you can choose an activated ingestible oil.
- Vaporizer cartridges - In order to benefit from cannabis also outside your home, you can choose portable vaporizer cartridges. They are easily dosed, and pair with a battery. This solution is generally like an e-cigarette, but with cannabis.
How to choose a product for beginners
You have many options to start using cannabis products. First, you have to establish what effects you are expecting. If you want to achieve an intense euphoric high, you should select an oil that includes a lot of THC. On the other hand, if you prefer to start with only a delicate, balanced high, use a product that mixes THC and CBD in equal proportions. Obviously, you may just want to achieve the therapeutic results without the high - that is also possible. All you have to do is select a variant that is high in CBD and low in THC.
If you decide on using a strong THC product from the start, keep in mind that you should dose it modestly until you identify a perfect amount for yourself. Also, remember that even really tiny amounts of cannabis can provide you with the desired effects, such as better creativity and concentration, or anxiety relief.
When you choose CBD products, there is no problem with getting too high risk, but nevertheless, the dosage is significant. One user may need a very high dose of CBD to alleviate a particular medical condition, while another can benefit from much smaller amounts.
What is more, no matter if you select a CBD or THC product, always make sure that it is of the highest quality and comes from a trustworthy provider, so that it would not be dangerous to your health.
Author: Joy Hughes Every day new cannabinoid-based brands are popping up on the scene, and only a few actually stand the test of time. That’s because the brands that do last value transparency, self-regulation, customer service, and creating effective products. These hemp brands are a reputable beacon of light in an overly saturated market of…
Author: Jason Beverly You work construction, or you took up running to lose weight. Maybe it’s some current activity, or arthritis, or the result of an injury you had a long time ago. Whatever the cause, the aches and pains you’re feeling are really bothering you. Over-the-counter pain killers aren’t helping much, and the only…
Author: Jason Beverly CBD is short for cannabidiol, a product extracted from the hemp plant. Hemp is closely related to marijuana, but is different in terms of properties and uses. The compound is believed to offer a lot of benefits not only for humans, but also for pets. If you’re wondering if CBD products can…
Author: Jason Beverly The legalization of marijuana in many parts of the world has exploded the demand for this highly therapeutic plant. Many CBD companies have opened shop and promise to offer the best product in the market. However, most of these companies are using dishonest means to trick customers into buying a cheap and…
Author: Jason Beverly A lot of things have changed since the 2018 Farm Bill passed which made hemp legal in the United States as long as it doesn’t contain more than 0.3% Delta-9 THC. This bill helped legitimize CBD and other cannabinoids which in return has resulted in high demand for hemp-derived products. Since this…
Author: Jason Beverly Have you considered using CBD oil for dogs? If so, you’re likely already well aware of the myriad of benefits that CBD provides to dogs. Many people refer to cannabidiol oil as a miracle worker, and they’re spot on! CBD is a powerful plant compound known for its healing properties. But…
Author: Joy Hughes CBD has been gaining popularity lately, but it’s actually been studied for its health benefits for decades. Here are some health issues that CBD has shown promise for – either in scientific studies, or personal anecdotes. Jump to: Health Conditions Treated by CBD Acne Arthritis Asthma Anxiety and Stress Cancer Chronic Pain…
Author: Jason Beverly “One is regular coffee, while the other is decaf” Sometimes a lot of amazing benefits can result from the most unusual sources. This is the case when it comes to marijuana. Since some state laws have been lifted, more research has been completed which resulted in a better understanding of the chemical…
Cannabidiol (CBD) is gaining more and more popularity due to its anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety, anti-spasmodic effects, along with many other health-promoting properties. There are many ways to consume CBD, which can be overwhelming and sometimes confusing. Here we’ll discuss the pros and cons of the most popular ways to consume CBD. Jump to:Ways to Consume CBD…
CBD flower is the fastest growing segment in the booming hemp industry. And CBD flower is quickly becoming one of the most popular ways to consume CBD. The most common way to use CBD flower (hemp) is by smoking it, just like you would with cannabis. The idea of smoking hemp or cannabis is nothing…